My current bedtime novel has been relegated to the back of the nightstand ever since I got hold of a preview copy of a brand new vegan cookbook, ‘But I Could Never Go VEGAN’. I have been voraciously thumbing through the recipes. The book is now peppered with Yellow Post-It notes acting as bookmarks of recipes to try. Of these there are many. I would end up listing 90% of the 125 recipes if I told you them all. So here are a few.
- Tempeh Bacon Mac ‘n’ Cheese with Pecan Parmesan
- Mushroom Grilled Sandwiches with Sunflower Cheddar
- Balsamic Baked Pears with Cashew Blue Cheese
- Savory Corn Cheesecake with Cilantro Pepita Dressing
- Parmesan-crusted Avocado and Kale Florentine with Smoked Paprika Hollandaise
- Sesame-Sriracha Tofu Sandwiches
- Caramel Apple-Stuffed French Toast
- Potato Sauerkraut Soup with SausageCrumbles
- Double Chocolate Truffles
- Molasses Hazelnut Chocolate Mousse Tart with Coconut Whip
Mouth watering. Yep. Author Kristy Turner set out to do just that and debunk any myth about vegan food. Her inventive chapters address concerns that carnivores may have about eating vegan..with titles such as; I Could Never Give Up Cheese, I’d Miss Pizza, It’s All Rabbit Food and Friends Won’t Want To Come For Dinner. Kristy has mouthwatering, myth smashing recipes to show you there is NOTHING to worry should you want to eat vegan. It’s so inviting, Can’t I Be Pescatarian Instead chapter lists recipes like Beer-Battered Faux Fish & Chips and Wild Mushroom Sushi. I hardly know where to begin!
There are many gluten free dishes in the book too. Nearly all of the recipes have food porn photos shot by her talented photographer husband Chris Miller.
Kristy, author of the fabulous food blog Keepinitkind, was once a professional fromagier. A self-confessed ‘die-hard cheese nerd’. She says she has never been more inventive or satisfied in the kitchen until she went vegan.
The book is absolutely gorgeous. Stunning photographs with simple and easy to follow recipes.
Look at these amazing dishes! They will revolutionise your families meal times.
My carnivorous friend getting stuck into the book. If I had a dollar for every time they exclaimed ‘oh my God!’….
The cookbook will be available for sale from December 2nd.
The great news is we have ONE copy to give away. Enter below. Good luck!